End-Times Fables which I embraced: I was taught many end-times doctrines by my pastor, grandfather and many other Bible teachers. But I embraced and taught many of them to others without ever having seriously searched the scriptures to see whether these things were so! But as I tested my own teachings by the marks outlined on this blog for distinguishing false teachings from sound doctrines all of the following were exposed as false teachings and I had to repent of and reject each one. Each of the following will be addressed in detail and with the related scriptures in upcoming posts:
-The teaching that Daniel’s 70 weeks are actually “sevens of years”,
– The teaching that Daniel’s 70th week is the “seven year tribulation”,
– The teaching that Christ’s return from heaven is an imminent event, i.e. that no prophecy of scripture must be fulfilled before He returns,
– The teaching that the rapture or catching up of the saints will happen before the tribulation,
– The teaching that following the rapture/catching up of the saints the Lord Jesus and His saints ascend to heaven, and
– The teaching that the Day of the Lord lasts over a thousand years.
See actual posts : “The Pre-Tribulation Rapture Fable“
Many Christians have been deceived and believe that the Christian’s eternal future involves being a “celestial halo-headed angel” sitting on clouds and playing a harp for eternity! It is no wonder that few anticipate the resurrection and immortality! In “YOUR FIRST ASSIGNMENT IN IMMORTALITY“ , I hope to challenge that warped thinking and give Biblical hope by introducing God’s people to the awesome reality of being made incorruptible and immortal!